Friday, January 23, 2009

Dream home in dream city

After sitting around realizing that I miss my best friend...Mary Beth... way too much. Since, she is in law school in DC... I will move up there to be with her. And, since I am thinking about moving that means Lynn and Katy are going with me.

One of my favorite things to do is to look at real estate online. Therefore, I looked at DC to see what the great city has to offer me. At first I looked at multi-million dollar homes but lets have a reality check since I am going to be a teacher. Looking at our yearly salaries what are our options:

Teachers: about $51,000
Nurse (Lynn): about 89,000 (it really depends on what and where she works)
Genetic Counselor (Katy): I found 71,000 to 150,000 (this is hard--- somewhere between there. But for the purpose 150,000)

I found a home or really a two story townhouse on Wisconsin Ave. 3 bedrooms. 2.5 baths. dinner room, huge kitchen, living room, fireplaces, garage (huge in DC)....super sweet set up it should be since it 795,000 (4,236 per month. It can be done between the 3 of us. I mean my monthly with 51, 000 is $4,250. So I mean I could live there if I had only$14 for the rest of the month. HA yeah right in DC. I think the lady who lived might be my long lost twins. It is decorated almost like how I would like it. AWESOME!

Here is the front of the complex:


Here are some pics:

Here is the living room...built in shelves, huge windows, spacious, and I like the little windows to the dining room.


Here is the dining room. Huge. It could fit my really old dining room set in there. I like how the living room and dining room flow together. Great for a party!


Here is the kitchen. It has lots of storage and counter space. Stainless steal appliances. I love the little breakfest/bar area.


Here are 2 out of the 3 bathrooms: First love the monogramed shower curtain. *note to self*. They aren't that huge but whatever. It is still nice to have more than just one bathroom.






Bedroom 1: the master. It looks huge and the windows make the room very bright.


Bedroom 2: adorable baby room. I looks like something I would totally do just saying. Look at that closet!


Bedroom 3: Even though this is probally the smallest it is my favorite. It seems very cozy.


I like it. It seems spacious and cozy. It needs color and some fun flair that would represent us. But, in a busy and crazy city like DC it appears to be a like a place you would love to come home to.
Until next time.

1 comment:

Delete My Account said...

So I like your dream house. I am a little sad that I am not moving too though! ;) Love you!