Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I am a Rock Star!





I am not what one would think as a rock star. I'm not traveling on tour with major acts as Bon Jovi, Coldplay or the Spice Girls. I can play instruments: saxophone, bassoon and drums.

But, I do feel that I am on tour with an amazing act Kappa Delta. Well...the Zeta Beta chapter.

I first went to Memphis to meet up with some members of my chapter to go to Headquarters. We were the guinea pigs to the new CDCs. They are AMAZING! I want all of them to come to our chapter. We helped them with their workshops they learned to help chapters with Membership mainly. We got to meet National Vice President Membership Betty Milkey. I LOVE HER! It was a lot of fun to hang out in HQ, with the new CDCs and major a major National Kay Dee Lady. This isn't something that happens all the time. Matter of fact this is the first time a chapter has come into the training of the CDCs. My favorite part was spending the night. Only 6 of us stayed and there wasn't much sleeping going on. We took so many funny pictures within the house. Melissa's sliding across the marble floor was priceless.

Two week later I was flying to Boston for NLC (National Leadership Conference). I learned so much about Kappa Delta and to better our chapter. I also got to meet the rest of the National Council (yes...and Bonnie). They knew who Zeta Beta was and knew who I was. Betty gave me a big hug when she saw me...I think she loves me. Bonnie is more than you think. She is funny, crazy, personal and she just has this glow around her. I finally got to meet Kristen Love my CDM...she like my bff! I love her!!!!! I was told that my formal report is floating around in the world of KD and everyone loves it. Kristen asked for my permission for my ideas to go to other chapters. I was forced to the CDC meeting (even though I have an extra year until that point) and Beth Grey and Kristen told me about becoming a CDM in the future.

My favorite memory was when we went to go get the formal pictures taken with the national council on the last day. And when we walked up they started yelling and clapping for Zeta Beta. They were so loud. I loved it. I almost fell over and cried. It was beautiful. It was great to feel that love and warmth and importances. Second, was the nights with Michelle and Julie (VP-M from Iowa St- Sigma Sigma) just hanging out and doing cheers and some singing late at night.

It was a blast!

***Snaps to***
New CDCs!: Jen, Jennifer, Jessie, Sarah, Georgia, KJ, Erin
Zeta Betas who stayed the night at HQ: Bekah, Molly, Jill, Melissa, Erin
Boston Crew: Michelle, Heather, Melanie and Julie (honor ZB!)

till next time!

No comments: